Caiframe uses a special kind of finish, completely water based, with open pore and nanotechnology molecules applied to a last generation anthropomorphous.
This exclusive technology lets the wood grain completely breathe and adapts to its various movements. You can therefore exalt the wood’s beauty, highlighting the grain itself that stays visible and lively. A surface that is not perfectly smooth is therefore not to be considered a flaw, but on the contrary, it is the main characteristic of a natural product that distinguishes itself from the more common windows, that may be smoother but also more ‘plastic’ and therefore more lively.
The colors presented in the photography or in color swatch are totally indicative and can sensitively vary, since wood is a living material and continuously transforming. The final color’s result depends from the different lots of material and from the different seasons in which the producing cycle takes place. Color variations are therefore inevitable, so much more when you use, as provided by Caiframe’s guarantee cycle on the painting, totally water based paints. That’s why we strongly advise against to perform production lot supplies, with different delivery times, since it is impossible to guarantee the same color for each window, each painting lot has a different shade of color. Moreover, in time, coming into contact with weathering, the wood’s color suffers deep variations that would be impossible to replicate inside the productive cycle obtaining an identical result to the natural one. The lamellar mahoganoid deserves a particular attention, since it has two peculiar characteristics that distinguish it from the other woods, making it unique:
- Uneven color: since the various parts of the tree trunk naturally show evident shades that vary from dark to light red. Using high quality paints completely water based, such characteristics are enhanced in line with the Caiframe philosophy of highlighting the unevenness of a natural and noble material such as wood. Therefore, the Caiframe Mahoganoid window shows some color diversities between the single parts of the window, getting the unique charm of wooden products.
- Particularly thick and grooved grain: the painting cycle that allows to have a reliable guarantee, is characterized by the fact of perfectly adapting to the wood’s grains, letting it breathe, that’s why the Mahoganoid window might not result perfectly smooth to the touch.
To verify the compliance of possible glass defects, we expressly and fully refer to the VISUAL AND OPTIC QUALITY DSCIPLINARY undersigned between ASSOVETRO and FEDERLEGNO-ARREDO. Regarding possible glass breakages, they must be disputed as soon as the goods are downloaded, through annotation on the delivery note, otherwise the glass is not covered by insurance for any breakage.
Below are some examples of breakage that, disputed after the delivery, didn’t switch to warranty.
Some of the breakages in the pictures reported above, during inspection, resulted as a consequence of THERMC SHOCK. This phenomenon is not covered by the warranty (see GLAS WARRANTY), since, mentioning an expert’s words “…since this phenomenon derives from the peculiar characteristics of the glass material, its appearance is not covered by a defect warranty (a peculiar characteristic of a material, as unpleasant as it is, does not represent a punishable defect according to the Code) since every glass could undergo the same breakage if exposed to the same conditions…”
The phenomena listed in these links refer to the possible thermic shock causes, but the same goes for all the possible causes of glass thermic shock. About this, we refer to the ASSOVETR VADEMECUM, especially to chapter 5 ‘User’s indications’, which content we completely recall. In essence, the possible glass thermic shock does not represent a flaw in the glass itself, since inherent to the glass material and is therefore excluded from the warranty.
To guarantee the painting, Caiframe uses special water based paints, very elastic that allow the wood to breathe, perfectly adapting to the painted surface. That is why the wood’s grain is still visible in the lacquering process, giving the product the charm of a wood window. Caiframe warns that according to the material used, you will get the following aesthetic effects:
- Lamellar mahoganoid lacquered ‘open pore’: visible grooved grain, typical of the mahogany, and a not perfectly smooth surface to the touch.
- Lamellar pine: visible grain typical of large leaf woods. In case of use of the Finger Joint lamellar, it is possible that the junctions are lightly visible, especially backlit.
The lacquering process is one of the most delicate among the windows productive process and has the following characteristic:
- Wood’s grain visibility: it might result thick and grooved when using the Mahoganoid, wider and spread in the Pine.
The aesthetic difference compared to other lacquered products such as furniture and doors derives from:
- Different raw material used: doors and furniture in general are lacquered on mdf, on veneers or other woods with a very smooth grain, not suitable for these outdoor products that receive solicitations from weathering and thermic shocki;
- Different characteristics of the grains used: to obtain a smooth surface on furniture and doors you use solvent-based paints. Such paints typically close the woods pore completely, not allowing it to breathe. In this way you get a smooth surface but not one suitable for external exposure. To obtain the right watertight guarantees of the paints, you must use completely water-based products that let the wood breathe and show all the grain’s beauty backlit..
Weak point of window lacquering in general:
- Possible damages in the joints between uprights and transvers: the woods used in the furniture and doors production (mdf, evaporated beech tree, veneers etc.), are very stable woods, on one side, but not suitable for the contact with weathering and moreover are not capable of bearing the thermic shock to which the window is subject. Lamellar woods such as those used by Caiframe in the productive cycle, even if they are seasoned and of high quality, when coming into contact with weathering, especially during the first period of their lifespan, suffer inevitable settlement movements. All this is amplified considering the solicitations received by the windows during the transportation. Those movement phenomena can cause micro damages of the paint in the joints between the uprights and the transverse and in the sleepers junctions and in the various components of the window (see picture below).
To avoid this problem, Caiframe has adopted the following measures:
- Using a special junction system of the HFS components (High Fix System, see Engineering session)
- Inserting a special junction sealing phase in the productive cycle, using elastic and paintable material
- Inserting a Retouch Paint and Sealing in the accessories box
We care to clarify that this problem is well known and it is sufficient to perform the adequate retouches, during the final phase of the posing, that will be illustrated in the specific section DON’T WORRY IF…
04.5 MOSQUITO NETS
The mosquito nets sheet must remain open when the shutters are closed. The ultra violet rays and the weathering sensitively reduce its duration. Moreover, the closing brushes are particularly thick to guarantee a perfect obstruction against insects, so keeping the sheet down in case of rain would cause a ‘dam effect’ on the outside, resulting in inevitable water leakage inside the window.
04.6 TERMS OF USAGE
During the first 3-4 weeks after the installation, the windows must be kept closed to allow a correct settling of the wood. Therefore they can only be opened to ventilate the rooms; the ventilation is also very important and must be done every day, since an excess of humidity in the rooms could result in damages to the mechanical parts of the window.
04.7 WOOD MOVEMENTS
The inevitable wood movements are totally natural and can cause slight curling of the windows components (such as uprights, wooden slats, blinding etc.). within a certain tolerance, such phenomena are not constable unless they sensitively affect the product’s functioning. The windows components are provided with setting tools which allow to avoid the movements without prejudicing the quality of the product itself. Moreover, since wood is an eternally live material, in time the movement phenomena tend to go back to the initial situation, therefore we invite you to consider such phenomena as a peculiar characteristic of a charming and live material as wood.
When delivered to the building site and during the whole time before the installation, the manufactured goods must be kept in a protected and dry place, away from weathering, heat sources and direct sunlight, at a temperature around 15°-20°, with a humidity percentage between 50%- 50% . Manufactured goods must not be stacked up, and no weight should be put over them, in order to avoid deformations or creating prints caused by the packaging, or dents or ‘paint blocking’ phenomena. Some types of packaging (ex. Polyethylene) might be dangerous for kids, pay extreme attention.
04.9 PACKAGING MATERIAL DISPOSAL
|All the packaging material must be carefully differentiated and brought into centers prepared for recycling.|