Caiframe guarantees its products according to the following conditions:
- Caiframe exclusively takes the guarantee obligations described below.
- This document is the only valid one. No one is authorized to modify the terms or to release another one, both in oral or written form.
- No retailer, seller or representative of Caiframe has the authority to change, modify or extend this guarantee.
- The guarantee is exclusively directed to construction defects at the origin, that compromise the functioning of the window produced by Caiframe.
- The date of purchase must be proved by a regular bill.
- The guarantee can only be demanded after the complete payment of the total supply.
- Every warranty repair does not imply an extension or variation of the guarantee terms.
- Caiframe excludes from the guarantee incidents, damages, indirect damages and its responsibility will be limited in all cases to the repairing and/or replacement according to the conditions reported below or eventually to the refund with a maximum limit equal to the price paid for the product on which the manufacturing defect was found.
TERMS OF GUARANTEE
GUARANTEE EXTENSION OF 8 YEARS FOR A TOTAL OF 10 YEARS
The effective date of the terms of guarantee is the one on the Caiframe bill.
In case of assembling performed directly by Caiframe, the terms of guarantee will become effective from the subscription of the End of Works Verbal.
During the validity period, the guarantees are also extended to the subsequent owners of the building. Such guarantee consists in the obligation for Caiframe, for the whole period of validity of the guarantee, to replace or repair the defective part for free.
Caiframe reserves the right to choose whether to repair or replace the defected part.
Every other form of compensation, by every way of title, is excluded.
The Guarantee Terms Table reported above can be applied to:
Guarantee against rotting, deformation (curling, warpage etc.)such as to compromise the product’s functioning; structural failures, detachment of the crossbar – uprights joints, lamellar’s detachments.
Solid woods are excluded from the guarantee.
The wood guarantee exclusively covers the products included in the dimensional limits reported in the DIMENSIONAL LIMITS TABLE.
Guarantee against drafts and water infiltrations caused by permanent seals deformation. The guarantee does not include the normal and periodical registration and maintenance activities reported in the Use and Maintenance Manual.
The seals guarantee only covers the products included in the dimensional limits reported in the DIMENSIONAL LIMITS TABLE.
Guarantee against the formation of condensation inside the glass – chamber of the isolating stained glass windows.
Guarantee on the glass Low emissive treatment, Couche or Coating treatment.
For the normal visual inspections of the isolating stained glass windows, it is only valid what is stated in the DISCIPLINARY DOCUMENT OF OPTIC AND VISUAL QUALITY OF THE STAINED GLASS WINDOWS, subscribed between ASSOVETRO and FEDERLEGNO – ARREDO.
The guarantee does not cover accidental breakage of the glass plate that might occur after its offload, as well as thermic shock breakage (see chapte 04.3 GLASS).
Guarantee against breakage.
The guarantee does not cover the normal periodical registration and maintenance activities reported in the Use and Maintenance Manual. Such registration activities must be considered, like many others, as ordinary maintenance and therefore charged to the customer.
The hardware guarantee only covers the products within the dimensional limits reported in the DIMENSIONAL LIMITS TABLE.
Guarantee of duration of the paint film as reported below:
- Windows as reported in the COLOR ESSENCE GUARANTEE PAINT TABLE.
- External darkening’s locks (blinds, tailgates, shutters etc.) guarantee extension of 3 years, therefore up to 5 years.
- Special Finishes (Litos, Antique, Special Etched Ash tree) guarantee extension of 3 years, therefore up to 5 years.
- Installation in Countries with extreme climate conditions, such as Russia, Cyprus, and United Arab Emirates, the guarantee extensions are up to a maximum of 5 years of total guarantee. In these cases for the completely wooden windows, verify that the special Extreme – T treatment is expected.
The guarantee covers the film’s integrity, the detachments, bubbles and peeling.
Caiframe reserves the right to choose whether to proceed at its expense only for the re – painting or for the complete replacement of the pieces. Until a Caiframe technician has verified the product, the customer must not intervene in any way on the pieces, otherwise all the guarantee conditions will be declined.
To have a complete vision of the of the paint guarantee conditions, we refer to the appropriate paragraph CASES OF EXCLUSION FROM THE PAINT GUARANTEE.
Only valid in case of installation performed and billed by Caiframe.
For a 6 months period, the guarantee includes the registration operations that will be made for free.
TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE CONDITIONS
|UP TO 10 YEARS
FROM THE DELIVERY
|Maintenance Ordinary: CHARGE
Extraordinary Intervention : FREE
Spare Parts: FREE
Note: for extraordinary intervention, we mean an intervention covered by the guarantee conditions and therefore free if the guarantee terms are not expired.
TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE RATES
CALL RIGHT: € 50 + VAT
COST PER HOR: € 35 + VAT, MINIMUM 1 HOUR
PAYMENT: AFTER THE INTERVENTION IS CIMPLETE, DIRECTLY TO THE TECHNICIAN
Caiframe reserves the right to intervene with its own personal, at its own unobjectionable judgment.
HOW TO RECEIVE ASSISTANCE
Each complaint or anomaly must be reported within 7 days from its appearing, entering the ASSISTANCE AREA of our official website www.caiframe.com.
After completing the registration, you will receive the references of the authorized service center you can contact.
If the installation was made and therefore directly billed by Caiframe, we suggest to directly contact the C.A.T. that made your installation, within 6 months from the End of the Works Report, so that you can receive a better service.
The reporting, along with photographic material, besides a detailed description, will be analyzed a lot quicker and will find much faster and easier solutions.
HOW DOES CAIFRAME INTERVENES
The Caiframe technician, during the intervention phase, will verify the subsistence of the conditions to include such intervention under the guarantee, otherwise the intervention will have to be directly paid to the technician according to the official Caiframe rates in force to the date of the intervention and accepted in the registration phase in the Guarantee Area of our website.
Whether the responsibility can be attributed to a manufacturing defect, Caiframe reserves the right to choose whether to repair or replace the defective piece.
The performances covered by the guarantee will be made according to the Caiframe technique, both at its headquarters or at one of its Retailers/Dealers headquarters or even at the building site where the product was installed.
GUARANTEE LIMITATIONS, WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THE GUARANTEE
The guarantee does not cover:
- The hardware and seals registrations, and however all the ordinary maintenance operations reported in the Use and Maintenance Manual.
- The normal decay of the window.
- The products especially manufactured upon the customer’s request that might vary and/or exceed the Caiframe’s official DIMENSION LIMIT TABLE
- The removable parts, handles, glass parts, hinges, seals, any accessory (ex. spider control, ventus) and all the parts subject to mechanical wear. Such components are covered by guarantee only when proven a factory defect.
- The hardware installed after the delivery upon express request by the customer.
- The transformations and modifications of the product of every kind made after the delivery.
- All the GUARANTEE EXCLUSION cases reported below.
COMPONENTS WITH LIMITED GUARANTEE
On the components reported below, the following guarantee limitations are applied:
- PVC: the terms of guarantee reported above are however limited to a maximum of 3 years against fading and cracking of the surfaces. Regarding the weathering resistance, the maximum limit is 3 years for the shades of gray, according to the norm DIN 54001. The minimum limit of the brightness degree guaranteed is equal to 30%. The surface guarantee does not include corrosions caused by the influence of a particularly aggressive environment (filiform corrosion).
- ALUMINUM: the terms of guarantee reported above are however limited as for the minimum brightness degree limit guaranteed, equal to 30% of the original value, calculated according to the norm DIN 67530 – ISO 2813. Regarding the weathering resistance, the maximum limit is degree 3 on the shades of grey reported on the norm DIN 54001. Corrosions resulting from the influence of a particularly aggressive environment are not included in the terms of the guarantee.
- STEEL: the terms of guarantee reported above are however limited as for the minimum brightness degree limit guaranteed, equal to 30% of the original value, calculated according to the norm DIN 67530 – ISO 2813. Regarding the weathering resistance, the maximum limit is degree 3 on the shades of grey reported on the norm DIN 54001. Corrosion resulting from the influence of a particularly aggressive environment are not included in the terms of the guarantee.
- MOSQUITO NETS: the terms of guarantee reported above are however limited to a maximum of 3 years. Damages resulting from shock or breakthrough of the fabric are excluded from the guarantee.
CASES FO EXCLUSION FROM THE GUARANTE
All the guarantees decline if the defect of the product provided in caused completely or is partly aggravated by:
- No respect of the indications reported in the Use and Maintenance Manual, that you can find on our website www.caiframe.com.
- Transportation damages not disputed within the terms of law.
- Wrong storage such as prolonged stop of the packed products left directly in contact with rain and/or sun.
- Wrong installation of the product whether the assembly was not made by Caiframe and the assembly instructions were not followed. Whether Caiframe didn’t perform and bill the assembly, any installation defect are only attributable to the seller or to the company that performed such operations.
- Damages resulting from construction works such as wall painting, concrete, polishes, plaster etc.
- Interventions on the products made by staff not specifically authorized by Caiframe and/or use of non-original spare parts or accessories.
- Hardware installed after the delivery upon specific request of the customer.
- Transformation and modification of the product of every kind done after the delivery.
- Improper or incorrect or non-compliant use of the products.
- Carelessness, accidents, late report of the defect after 7 days from the manifestation of the anomaly.
- Use of excessively aggressive detergents (containing, for example, alcohol or ammonium chloride), as well as those containing abrasive and/or caustic substances, since they will damage the surfaces of the wood, glass and hardware.
- Damages resulting from humidity stagnation caused by carelessness (ex. drainage holes occlusion).
- Excessive environmental humidity (ex. windows installed in rooms where flooring and/or plastering works are performed without the necessary air exchange). Such phenomenon is frequently happens also as a consequence of lack of ventilation in the rooms, as well as applications in excessively humid contexts where the sunlight is scarcely present, such as Old Town’s alleys, basements, cellars.
- Conditions of exposure to corrosive or aggressive environments: areas within 200 meters from chemical plants, refineries, steel mills, industrial laundries, foundry etc.
- Conditions of exposure to highly aggressive natural environments: areas within 300 meters from the last wave of the sea (500 meters for the ocean), or windows installed above 2.000 meters upon the sea level. In such cases, we suggest to improve the window’s protection with the special ExtremeT. Finish. Within 300 meters from the last wave of the sea (500 meters for the ocean), we suggest to require the application of the special Tricoat hardware, since the standard hardware is not suitable.
- Damages caused by objects, such as radiators, from direct exposure to the fire flame or other sources of heat.
- Damages to the film of paint or to the hardware caused by the packaging material after the abandonment of the windows under the rain and/or sun.
- Abnormalities of every kind not attributable to defects of the materials or manufacturing of the product.
- Damages even coincidentally attributable to the construction of the building in which the products were installed.
- Fires, lightning, tornados, flooding, explosions, hailstorm and any atmospheric adversity having characteristics of exceptionality, as well as wars, riots, radiations, falling objects, vandalism, or other extraneous circumstances such as gas emissions, vapors and however any contact with aggressive and/or corrosive materials of any kind.
- Accidental causes or force majeure.
- All the cases reported in the section ‘DON’T WORRY IF..’ of the official Caiframe website www.caiframe.com.
Regarding the Painting Guarantee, are also excluded from the guarantee:
- Special finishes (Litos, Antique, Special Etched) on External Darkening Closures are excluded from the guarantee.
- Natural Finishes, Oil, Oak Snow, Scratched Nature are excluded from the guarantee. We suggest their application only to products coated with aluminum or bronze. On this point, refer to the official updated table COLORS ESSENCESPAINTING GUARANTEE TABLE by Caiframe, present in the last version of the Technical Dossier.
- The following phenomena must be considered normal during the course of time, and therefore not covered by the guarantee since they are not attributable to a painting flaw:
- Loss of brightness (approximately 30% of the initial value, measurable according to the norm UNI EN ISO 2813)
- Slight variations of the wood color, a natural effect, or minimum variations of colors on the lacquered.
- Any spillage of resinous, rubbery, tannic or saline substances, since they are natural substances contained in the wood.
- Conditions of exposure to corrosive or aggressive environments: ex. areas within 200 meters from chemical plants, refineries, steel mills, industrial laundries, foundries etc.
- CConditions of exposure to highly aggressive natural environments: ex. areas within 200 meters from the last wave of the sea, or windows installed above 2.000 meters above the sea level. In such cases, we suggest to improve the protection of the window with the special ExtremeT Finish.
- Wood swelling caused by an excessive environmental humidity (ex., windows installed in rooms where flooring and/or plastering works are performed without the necessary air exchange).
- Color variations caused by the wood and its normal ageing and seasoning process. Such phenomenon is more evident on the light colored windows.
- Paint’s film whitening caused by prolonged contact with water and/or humidity during the first months after the window’s installation.
- Mechanical trauma caused accidentally and7or by an improper use (ex. scratches, lining, swiping, hit, friction, vandalism, burglary) or by exceptional natural events (such as hailstorms, flooding, fires) that might in any way interrupt the continuity of the paint film and/or favor the entrance of water under the paint film. In such cases, it is fundamental to proceed quickly to a touch up and if necessary to a whole repainting.
- Damages to the pint film resulting from the contact (squirts or straining) with products used in the construction sites, such as wall paints, concrete, polishes, plaster etc.
- Touch ups, maintenance, over – painting, made with products not listed in the User and Maintenance Manual, available on our website www.caiframe.com. To allow you to verify that the products you are going to use are authorized, Caiframe has inserted some metallic plotters, that vary in every specific products.
- Windows cleaning performed with chemical aggressive detergents with an acid ammonia base (ex. multi – purpose products) or alcohol.
- Damages resulting from humidity stagnation as a consequence of carelessness (ex. drainage holes occlusion).
- Damages resulting from the contact with chemically aggressive substances such as ammonia, hydrochloric acid, alcohols, house cleaning products, excrements.
- Damages to the paint film caused by a prolonged stop of the packaged products left directly in contact with rain and/or sun.
- Formation of cracks, detachments and deformations of the Solid woods with a possible interruption of the paint film.
- Damages to the paint film resulting from the packaging material, after the abandonment of the windows under the rain and/or sun.
NOTE. The points reported above integrate and add up to all the points ‘GUARANTEE EXCLUSION CASES’.