© 2024 Caiframe Srl. All Rights Reserved.
Communication by NAXA

Patrizi Villa, Roma: Dual wooden windows

Quality fixtures with lacquered pine finishes

Quality fixtures with lacquered pine finishes


Patrizi Villa was strongly wanted by the Cardinal Giovanni Battista Patrizi in 1716, who charges of its creation the architect Sebastiano Cipriani. The Villa, in Rococò style, has always belonged, until the present, to the Patrizi family, today Patrizi Naro Montoro, whose home is the historical building in front of San Luigi dei Francesi
The Villa was severely damaged in 1949 when the patriots of the Roman Republic treid to resist to the attacks of the French army. A fire destroyed the majority of the building and all of its internal decorations but Marquis Filippo Patrizi has the Villa rebuilt and in 1863 the Patrizi buy the adjoining Bolognetti, merging the two gardens. In 1870, unfortunately, the Villa will find itself in the middle of the fight for the taking of Porta Pia. Right from that spot a zouave, ignoring the Pope’s order to not shoot the first shot, shoots against the soldiers who were on a little hill on the opposite side of via Nomentana. Thanks to the precision of the rifles supplied to the Pontifical troops, an Italian gunner is killed and the war begins.
In 1907, after years of abandonment, Marquis Filippo surrenders the building to Administration of the Italian State Railways. What is left of the Villa is destroyed to make room for the two big buildings of the Public Works Ministry in Porta Pia square and to the Railway building in Croce Rossa (red cross) square 1. The name of the old Villa remains in the second building that still today is called “Villa Patrizi”. During the reconstruction of the Railways building, the underlying catacombs of San Nicomede were explored and covered.

Pine wood Lacquered RAL 7047 Linen Grey